It has been an excellent week at West Langley. The sun was shining, attitudes were positive and of course, the learning was plentiful. We had a very busy week at the school and beyond so please take a few moments to share our 5 Things To ROAR About for April 26th.
1. Division 9 Celebrates Earth Day Outside: This past Monday was International Earth Day and what better way to celebrate than to be outside. With the weather fully cooperating, Mrs. Gordon had her Grade K/1 class spend the entire day learning in our amazing courtyard. The students were able to take full advantage of the hard work our PAC has done in the past couple years beautifying this space, while learning about different ways to help keep the Earth sustainable. Judging by the smiles on their face, and with the weather getting better, I think we will be seeing more and more classes taking advantage of the courtyard beyond celebrating Earth Day. Click here for more photos.
2. West Langley Staff Honoured for 20 Years of Service In The District: Each year, the School District has an evening to recognize those employees who have dedicated milestone years service to the students of Langley. On Tuesday, we were proud to have our very own Mrs. Robinson, Mrs. Senften and Mrs. O’Byrne honoured for working in our district for 20 years! That is truly an amazing accomplishment. And with many of those years being spent here at West Langley, our students have benefited from the amazing skills and experience each one of them bring. Congratulations!
3. Mrs. O’Byrne’s Students Flip Out: During the past few weeks, the grade 1/2 students in Division 7 have been going to Flip City gymnastics as part of their PE curriculum. They have been learning to get more comfortable on the different equipment provided and even put some little routines together. Of course a favourite for all the students is getting to jump into the foam pit they have there. Click here to check out even more pictures.
4. Happy Administrative Assistant’s Day Mrs. Swerdan: We are truly blessed here at West Langley Elementary to have one of the best Administrative Assistant’s in the Langley School District. She has a connection with almost every family at our school and greets everyone with a smile when they walk through the door or call in. There is so much Mrs. Swerdan does behind the scenes for students, parents and staff to help our school run as well as it does and for all of that, we want to say “THANK YOU!!!!” You are the heart of West Langley and we really appreciate all that you do.
5. West Langley Rolls Along All Week: As many of you know, this past week, the students at West Langley have had the opportunity to learn and practice their in-line skating skills. Thanks to a generous donation from our PAC, we were able to bring in Coastal In-Line to work with every student’s roller blading skills. And what a great time everyone had. For some of our students, it was the first time they ever put skates on. And as we go through Spring and into summer, hopefully many of our students can stay active with the skills they learned. Lots more pictures can be found here.